Wednesday, April 28, 2010

lost needles, cold weather, Art Journal

Well, it's about 35 degrees this morning and the little sun we saw, is gone. I need to start a fire in the woodstove. Last year it reached 92 today! We used the pool!
Last night, I decided to finish a new glasses pouch. I looked everywhere for embroidery needles and that nice pair of little scissors. Guess it's time to clean this studio. I use the make-two-piles-and-have-a-garbage-bag-ready approach. One pile to sell/donate, one to keep and as the garbage bag gets full, I don't remember what's in it so out it goes.
I finished some pages in my art journal and I'm happy with them. Just couldn't quite decide what to do for several days. The need to move into a new theme helped me decide.
I had bought a piece of paper in a paisley design, I used it as the art work on the left side.
I cut a frame in the next three pages and glued them together. What to go in the frame stumped me. The last page in the series, since the framed area would also be the back of that page, I drew one of the paisley shapes with colored pencil and I
was not happy with it. It's on a piece of watercolor paper. I'd cut to match the frame.
Then I had a piece of printed parchment ; it has some text. I attached that to the back of the frame and covered the edges with the gold wrapping paper.
I retraced the paisley with ultra fine sharpie and like it.

This is the 2 page spread. The parchment looks blurry because the paisley paper behind it is visible. I add some hand printing explaining some of the steps.

DAILY HAIKU April 28, 2009
very hot day, too
early for such temperatures
went in the pool, quickly

WOW It certainly feels like summer. This entry has some commercial paper along the lower edge, a small drawing of the pool and a very hot spiral for the sun. The barcode stencil makes great grass. I added a few extra holes for some texture on the circles. We have a stone path along the back of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment