Friday, April 2, 2010

carolina wren and sunny afternoon

WOW what a day yesterday was. We took a drive to Wentworth Greenhouses - had to go a long route, since Rte 108 was still closed due to flooding - and I got pansies, an Easter lily, and a beautiful orchid cactus, related to the Christmas cactus.
We spent part of the afternoon checking out all the work we need to do in the gardens and yard... this weekend. The wrens were courting in the field.
School today to work on the Dots with three classes. Two of my classes are on field trips.

April 2, 2009
Deezel slept well last night, had to wake him up.

The verse says it all:
Lounge in summer sun.
Puppy and kitten playful,
bring laughter and joy.

I used a part of a beer label because I love the art work, the dog is funny. The colors of the label fit a hot spring day. I colored one of the paw prints for the sun and used some gold paper for the color of the field with sun on the brown grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment