Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sunrise, habit, need to create

When I saw the sunrise glowing orange this morning , I thought for a moment I should write a poem. I miss the discipline of having work to do every day. I like the freedom of doing whatever I want each day, knowing that if I exclude art from too many days, I'll begin to feel its absence and need to bring it back into my life. Respecting this need by creating is valuable in two ways. It keeps my creative connection open by using it. Also, I better understand others' need to express themselves and keep that a primary goal as an art teacher.


April 20, 2009
Sunny spring day glows
through the growing daffodils
over the brown earth.

The background papers were from an advertisement. The gold is from a bracelet photo in the ad. I edged the torn papers. The thin strips piled up were from other days' work - the scraps left when trimming paper. A spiral stamps represents the sun and I used it to make some texture in the brown also.

No comments:

Post a Comment