Monday, April 19, 2010

quilts , memories, fiddleheads


My friend Mary went with me to see the Alzeimher's quilts. Our friend Barbara suffered with the disease. We were friends for over 30 years. We miss her. As I read the text from the quilters and the information about the disease, I could feel her presence; the various situations reminded me of how her last few years were spent. We're donating money to the PTO at the school where we all worked together in Barbara's home town of Newfields. They take care of the gardens and we want blossoms to adorn the grounds to speak to her love of her gardens.

My ferns in the back garden are slowly uncurling their lovely, soft green stems. I saw a clump beside the road on my walk with Deezel this morning. I quilted fiddlehead ferns in my quilts. This is a detail of the patchwork.

April 19,2009
I visited Barbara. I checked out the growth in the gardens.
The daffodils are opening. The yellow is warm against the bark mulch. I printed a photo again. First, I wrote about the day all over the card. The text is on a piece of torn brown paper.
The "floating daffodils" clearly represents how the heavy blossoms look on their delicate stems.

No comments:

Post a Comment