Monday, April 26, 2010

ready for warm weather


It's overcast and cool today. Hopefully I'll get a walk and spread more bark mulch before the rain. I finished the large portion of my oldest garden in front of the house. I started this garden the summer after we moved here. It has evolved greatly. I had succulents and irises. Now it's more daylilies and campanula with vinca running every where. I have a collection of hostas there also.
One section has been a challenge. Now, I have an assortment of things - stones, on old canvas bag, a tiny picnic table, half a whiskey barrel - arranged in that area. I constructed a tepee of branches which I need to repair.The picture shows how it looked last year with the houseplants included. Roger made the metal wagon several years ago. It holds a window box of impatiense and fuschia that I've wintered over again at school.
We set up our new pool on this day last year because it was so hot. We've set it up and partially filled it this year, but it looks like we won't actually be using it for a while.
It feels refreshing after a day gardening...
This is my quick drawing of it
April 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment