Monday, October 4, 2010

lovely October day on Saturday, rainy and cool on Monday

I started the day with some art work in ART JOURNAL : July -Dec and chores. It looked like rain, so I didn't walk. After I vacuumed, I finished photographing October's entries. I retook some of the blurry ones -still have trouble not moving my camera slightly when I push the shutter button.  Then,I photoed all 31 days together.

Before the day is over, I need to bring in the house plants that are still outside. We're getting some cold evenings. First, I have to move stuff in my studio to make room for the begonias that winter in here.  The clivia I bought last spring has been outside but it has white fly, so I need to treat it.

Sunday, Deezel and I walked after shopping. I went to Kim's shower for the afternoon. She's Justin's (our nephew) fiance.

 On Saturday, it was sunny and bright out with all the yellow maples adding their radiance. After a four mile walk,I spent much of the day inside finishing "My White Dress" and "Haiku Collection - Fall '09" art work. I left gluing and final assembly into the frames for Sunday. By the way, both the bamboo frames from Dick Blick and  the frames from Frame USA are very nice. I used one of each .

I also  finally finished two pages/one spread in ART JOURNAL: July -Dec. I started them nearly a month ago. The scraps and possible things to include have been collecting along with the dust!
 It seems that approaching work that has a deadline and keeps me working, helped with the work I was stalled on, and maybe the other way also.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
October 4
This is one of a kind for the whole of this project. The original is in a frame on my wall. I liked the entry so much I couldn't get myself to trim the cheeecloth and scraps to fit into the plastic sleeve. I photo'd the work, printed it out and put that in the book. The cheesecloth is stitched over words on small strips. The collection of scraps under the words was odds and ends left over that I scooped up and dropped on a card, as the text says. It has a dark blue border of mat board, seen slightly in the photo.
Scraps, bits, odds, and ends
compiling a day's events
gathered together.


October 3  The text creates the image and the border for this entry.
A day of rain brings
rest for the body and soul.
Dripping leaves shimmer.
The center of the image has oak leaves floating under a piece of tracing paper with "rain" written and vertical lines in the background. The words  provide depth repeated in the border which has a touch of green ink and lines to imitate a constructed frame.


October 2
Most often it seems that sadness or illness causes a loss in creativity or at least creative thinking. This entry speaks to a full and happy frame of mind having no room for creativity. I have used this leaf before. this is a coloring of an outline made using a stencil. I wrote the text in an outer border textured with pencil lines.
The poetic line
escapes one's nourished heart.
The yellow leaf floats.

October 1
Summer has released its green, and new mixed greens appear and float down.
This entry is framed with ink from stamping pads and it has a few simple strips of colorful papers left over from another day. The font of the text helps to fill that space in the right and serves as the image.



No comments:

Post a Comment