Thursday, October 21, 2010

anniversary, new blog

October  2009
October  2010
Roger and I took the dog to the beach for some sand and play time. He made a friend there who was a very cute, busy and dominating puppy that looked like a Corgi with a Rottweiller face. Deezel is about 10 times the size, but the smaller dog was trying desperately to be the dominate one - dog lovers can probably envision the types af attention this means.He tried to dig a rope from under the lobster trap.
We stopped at Barnes & Noble for some new movies and books. Then to Kitchen & Company for margarita glasses. We stopped for a Deezel- stretch at Dover Point and went to Dover for a yummy dessert at Cafe Ciabatta. Then to "Ear Craft". Roger finally bought a new guitar for himself. I was tempted by the mandolins. I would have to learn to play it, they are so pretty. The last stop was at the florists for a bouquet for me, the bride of 32 years. At lunch, we spent some time looking back over my various careers during our marriage. All have been teacher related, except for odd stints at Flora Ventures, Cecilia's Bakery, The Patchworks, Newmarket Post Office and Measured Progress.
Now, I am happily semi-retired and work as art teacher at East Kingston Elementary. I am at the planning stage for a blog to connect to the "Artist's Workshop". I'll be posting kids' work there . The blog will have single images with links to additional photos of classes' projects. It'll be fun to do and fun for parents and kids to see their work on-line. Watch for announcements.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
The small watercolor of hickory nuts on a scrap of paper. The dark sides are from a photo of Indian peace pipes from the summer.                
                                            The passing season's
                                             devotional - collecting
                                                   green hickory nuts.

Every year I can't resist picking up the gems of nature - nuts, acorns, colored leaves, and chestnuts.

The background is from the inside of an envelope. It looks woven, so I added to the idea with some scraps from a photo from a few days ago. I went to the ballet at UNH with my sister, Anne.

                Weaving together
             sights, sounds, work, play, which is the
                  warp, and which the weft ?

No comments:

Post a Comment