Monday, October 11, 2010

leaves are sparkling

It's a windy, cool, partially sunny New Hampshire fall day.  Good for drying sheets outside and blowing leaves everywhere.
It clears to a blue sky with fluffy clouds, then it clouds over with steel-blue, heavy, cumulus clouds.When I was driving to Portsmouth through Dover near the water, the cloudbank edged the tree-filled horizon. Squeezed between them was a band of robin's egg blue sky. The water in Great Bay reflected the steel, cold sky. Wish I'd had my camera.
Don't you think Time is traveling too fast?  I'm still trying to slow it down by visiting 2009 through Daily Haiku entries.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
 Paula, Dawn and I went to this exhibit in Manchester. I used the brochure photos and text for this entry.
The book is by Johanna Finnegan-Topitzer. Her work is inspiringly lovely. 
October 6
The text notes that I made this Tuesday card by mistake when I had already done one, I saved it for the next Tuesday. It singles out the look of the name of the day in lettering, slightly bordered and with a soft shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment