Tuesday, October 19, 2010

where does the time go?

Sorry to have missed so many days. What was I doing?
Friday: I was at school -it was another fabulous art day.
Saturday: After a walk with Deezel,I went to the Cocheco Quilt Show in Rochester - I got a piece of fabric for the back of  a small fabric piece based on a Daily Haiku entry.
Sunday: Deezel and I got our walk in first then I went to Exeter to see "The Vision & The Voice" exhibit at the Town Hall Gallery with Dawn and Paula.
Monday: I took a long walk with Deezel, washed floors and went to Stamped Designs, Red's Shoe Barn and Goodwill in Dover.
And now Tuesday: I will take along walk with Deezel -I do 4 miles on Tuesday and then go to school to photograph kids' work to be ready to create a website tomorrow afternoon.
I  have to take a few minutes, again, to tell you about Friday at school, It was a SHARE day for all the Friday classes. With our new schedule, we dedicate a class to STUDIO, followed the next week by a SHARE only time. The kids are responding to this extended time with thoughtful writing about their work. And it seems their work is better also. I wrote about this also in the post for the 16th.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
October 19
October's vivid
sun returns to shine the leaves'
rich varied colors.
This is a photo of oak leaves taken on  the New Road walk. I trimmed the same photo to border it. I used this photo on the 17th also.October 18
We had one of those fun and funny weather days with rain, giant snowflakes and colored leaves falling noted by the verse.  I used my leaf pattern to trace and cut from a scrapbooking paper. I made the snowflake with tracing paper, folded and cut out like we did as kids. I stamped it with a silver ink pad - a little too much, I think.
The text enlarges the image written around it in a varied size font.
It reads: Giant snowflakes, rain and leaves all falling on a cold dreary day. It's missing a syllable. I should write it to read: Giant snowflakes, rain, leaves all falling on a cold  dreary autumn day.












October 17
Cocheco Quilt Show in Rochester, NH
I glued a piece of that fabulous blue paper to a card with a commercial scrapbook paper over it.There is a border design drawn on the orange paper.  I shaped the "quilt " with  the same photo twice and Haiku of leaves in the center, bordered by white papers with the text printed on them. This is one of a few that is not a sentence. It's missing a syllable. "Sculptured" looks like it works, so it works for me.
                cloth  patchwork  stitches
     geometry floral curves
             sculptured designs



No comments:

Post a Comment