Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's raining enough to keep me from walking as early as I'd hoped. Soon, I'm off to school to photograph work and hang some work. With just under 200 students,I can't put all the photos up.  I'm going to create Picasa web albums with all the work and just have the link on the Artists Workshop blog.
Yesterday, Mary L. and I met for breakfast. Then we stopped at our friend Barbara's grave. It's been a year since she passed away and we felt we needed to say goodbye again.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
October 26 Stamps of the sun and flip flops capture the weather -warm and a walk. The puppy paw paper brings Deezel along and occupies the majority of the entry. The verse is written on a scrap of vellum and attached across the mid section of the entry. A primitive "border" of irregular log shapes ttightens the space.

       beautiful oak trees
thousands of leaves on the ground
       temporary loss

A sense of vagueness requires interpretation by the reader and is more of an impression than a specific meaning. This strikes me as a strong Haiku for that reason.


October 25th
The name of the day is the central image for this entry, I colored it with red and yellow pencils. Puppy paw tissue  and flip flops show Deezel and I walked together. The text is written on a frame cut of light weight vellum. I first stamped it with the stamp I'd used for family celebrations. This was to celebrate Steve's 60th birthday. 

Again, the text has a degree of vagueness: what was made note of by the family? the glowing Fall?
That's an acceptable assumption.




No comments:

Post a Comment