Saturday, October 23, 2010

Feels like November, still looks like October

The backyard is covered with pale, but colored leaves - mainly maple. As is the back deck. Every time we go out or come in we bring leaves with us.
The catalpa leaves are still green. They fall all at once and really do blanket the lawn. Some of them are 8-10 inches long and almost as wide.
I have some errands to do and I promised Deezel a walk today (even though  walking into the cold wind does not help my copd).

DAILY HAIKU 2009
I remember that the second grade class was oblivious to the need to clean up until I raised my voice. They just get settled in after 20 minutes and it's time to clean up. The art work came from my frustration and sadness that I resorted to "anger" to get a response.
I attached a piece of rice paper to the card. It has Chinese-looking characters on it.  I wrote the verse on vellum, didn't like it so I turned  those pieces upside down and glued them horizontally. Then I wrote the verse on a textured piece of paper from an advertisement and glued it diagonally over everything.
October 22
Paula, Dawn and I went to Concord for an art share with a group from the Women's Caucus for art. The three of us started meeting for our own share after this.
Purple tissue covers some of the base card. Purple gauze covers some scraps, stitched in place with tracing paper..

Exploring, sharing,
new directions, new ideas
women together.

No comments:

Post a Comment