Saturday, June 26, 2010

summer's a time to relax

Another lovely New Hampshire summer day - warm, sunny, blue sky. I'm sure we'll spend most of the afternoon relaxing on the back deck, in and out of the pool, and watering the vegetable garden. Before I leave tomorrow, I have to pack the rest of my supplies for "Book Arts Gone Wild" workshop this week.



I've almost finished my oil spill pages. Here are samples from my students: The chicken on the left is saying, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling ! Oh, no it's the BP oil rig !!!"

DAILY HAIKU 2009
On June 26 last year, I visited Barbara Tebo and stopped on my way home to see Ray LaBranche. She was in mid stage Alzeimer's and he had had triple by-pass. She was the secretary at Newfields Elementary when I taught third grade and the JP for my wedding (in 1978). He's the father of two of my students from the same time.
Two simple, layered areas connected by the text are made of scraps of vellum, tracing paper and scrapbooking paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment