Saturday, June 19, 2010

still on catch-up mode

Well, a week ago I woke up in Shands Hospital in the cardiac unit, with a heart monitor in my johnny pocket and a growling in my belly. The coffee and graham crackers were meager, but yummy. I knew I was fine and would be at Aaron's wedding, even though it would be in the mid 90's.

The Kanapaha Botanical Gardens were lovely. I took quite a few pictures.

This is one of the koi in the pond.



At home, today, it's 67 degrees, with 80's in the forecast. I plan to weed gardens # 1 & 2, plant annuals in pots , one for near the mailbox and one for the steps. I also have fuschia and impatient cuttings to plant.

This is garden #1. Luckily, the weeds are green and blend in with non-weeds.







I'm sure I'll be in the pool.





DAILY HAIKU 2009
June 19
This visual says it all. I used the first two words of the poem as the artwork with one a reflection. I made them with a stencil. The vertical lines are thin pieces of a vellum. I made a textured border with pencil.





A break in the rain allowed Deezel and I to walk through the woods.
The white spokes on this Japanese paper reminded me of umbrellas. I continued the curved bands of color and the flowers with colored pencil.





No comments:

Post a Comment