Thursday, June 24, 2010

today, yesterday, last week, next week, last year

Two weeks ago today we were well on our way to Gainesville, Florida. We left about 4:00am and drove to St. Paul's NC - just south of Fayetteville- to stop for the night around 6:00pm. Last week I was recuperating. I had left school on Wednesday feeling really lousy and since I had had the hospitalization, I decided to take it easy until I felt completely rested.

Today it's overcast and thundershowers are predicted. I'm meeting a friend to walk around town shortly. I hope to get more weeding done, since I'll be away next week.

A year ago, the 24th was our last day of school and it was raining:

DAILY HAIKU 2009

I used a stencil for the lettering and shaded the letters.

Scraps of tracing paper and a dark green commercial paper add some interest.

My crooked writing works for this entry

more rain fell today

it's difficult to imagine

so much rain falling

and it balances the dark green paper.The border repeats the words"last day of school".

Next Thusday is the last day of June and I'll be in Manchester. I packed about half the supplies I need for the workshop yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment