Wednesday, June 23, 2010

rainy day - finally !!!




It's a rainy day, the first in a long time, and I'm organizing the supplies for next week's Summer Institute in Manchester at the Institute of Art. I'm signed up for a single workshop all day for four days. "Book Arts Gone Wild" is the title. The list of suggested supplies is a whole page; luckily I have most of them. I'm taking "365 DAILY HAIKU 2009" to share.

This is the kind of day I needed to get some clutter dealt with in my studio, also. Several small pieces and some fabrics that I had at school need to be put away. A pile of papers, which includes the artist signs that denote which table kids sit at, and old notebooks wait to be stored or tossed.

Of course, I'll probably get side tracked on some Art Journal pages and the photos I took this morning. The oriental lilies are lovely. The Japanese irises in garden #1 have gone by, but the white ones in garden #7 are at their peak. The daylilies are blossoming also. The changing blossoms signal the passage of time.


DAILY HAIKU 2009 June 23
With so many days of rain, I came up with new ways to make the word. This was done by rubbing over the letters with pencil then outling them. I used tracing paper. I accented one side of each letter for depth with a black marker. The text is written with a calligraphy pen on vellum. The border of thin rectangles is with pencil and marker.




another rainy day
slugs and bugs invade gardens
chewing and slimy

No comments:

Post a Comment