Friday, June 25, 2010

blue and green

As I lounged with my legs in the sun after a dip in the pool I was struck with how blue the sky is today and how green the trees are. The big old pines have a different green than the catalpa trees.
I have used the two colors together in several quilts. Here are two of my favorites: "Deer Meadow"

and "Birdfeeders from Another World". The latter I started in a class on isometric perspective with my friend Dianne.













DAILY HAIKU 2009

June 25, 2009

I traveled with Ila and Anne to Dartmouth College in Hanover to see the exhibit on Native American baskets at the Hood Gallery. We also saw some lovely textiles from Indonesia.



I used a postcard from the exhibit cut into fragments. I used text from the brochure for the Haiku:




visual dailogue
Maine Wabanaki baskets
Tapis from Lampung

The background has edges of ink pads and a border of X's.




No comments:

Post a Comment