Sunday, June 20, 2010

last day of spring

It's warm, but overcast today. Showers are predicted. We took a shorter walk than usual, we all felt the heavy air. Deezel's tongue was hanging out of the side of his mouth. I watered our fledgling cukes, tomatoes, lettuce and the bean seeds.


I'm working on a box book for my sister-in-law's birthday. I'm using some lovely papers with burgundy and gold as the color scheme. I made an accordion book of heavy paper. I'll attach each end into the box - one end into the cover and the other into the bottom of the box. Each page or spread becomes a canvas. I've made them as gifts before. I admired the one I made for Anne before I realized it was my work !!!


DAILY HAIKU 2009
June 20
The text is self explanatory - we had so few sunny days in June of 2009.
Each was a celebration. I drew this sun making it similar to the spiral stamp. The green is the edge of a square stamp pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment