Tuesday, June 22, 2010

rain, scraps, gardening

Today is a lovely day, sunny, dry and warm. Deezel and I walked 3 miles. I then watered some transplants and cleared more of the trees that slowly fill behind the shade garden (# 2). I like to see the outcropping of rocks. I came across a large jack-in-the-pulpit with a shiny green seedpod. It will be brilliant red in the fall.

I moved a digitalis from an odd place where it had survived. I have pink ones already. This one is a creamy white. It'll look good in its new spot in garden #1.
A quick dip, a little pool cleaning and I'm refreshed for some afternoon relaxation.


The flower pots are looking good. I trimmed the coleus and pushed the cuttings into the soil. I have to keep the soil wet for them to root.
DAILY HAIKU 2009
June 22
Rain being the overwhelming theme for the month, I used the words in "bubble" letters and used the usually first line as the last one for the text.
foxgloves standing tall
deep pink bells on pointy stalks
rain, rain, go away

This entry consists of a pile of scraps with a random feel. It has a scrap from another sketchbook- where it's on the spiral binding - a piece of tracing paper with some purple ink on it and a commercial scrapbook paper. Tiny lines create a textured border.

2010
Since today is totally lovely, I'm taking a magazine, some sewing and some ice tea to the back deck. Later, I'll get some new garden photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment