Thursday, June 3, 2010

teaching routine

It's a cool, overcast morning again. Perfect for dog walking and some gardening. My peonies are lovely. I'll post photos later.
I've been asking my art students to share a favorite piece of work from their portfolios. It's been great to see their work. I have to get into the discipline of photographing their work to complete a website.
It's mainly a matter of time - sharing takes about 20 minutes, they like a "studio" time to work and then they have to clean up. I'm thinking of stretching the routine I've used in the past. The pattern will be week 1 - short lesson and work time , week 2 studio(I'll take a status of what each is doing) , week 3 write ,share & photo. Wish I could change the school schedule so I would have hour long classes.

DAILY HAIKU 2009 As I post these photos, I am curious as to why they look unsettled. I do like the way they look together...
June 3

iris, columbine
clematis, sweet faced pansy
wild geranium

The background is stamped with a square pad on its edge, covered with green vellum and the tissue is colored purple with Crayola paintbrushes.




mixes of purples
flourish in the gardens and
punctate the greens

I'm not sure why it looks stormy.
I stamped a scrapbook paper and attached it to the card. I tore the card in half and taped it on the back. I'm not sure why... Maybe the movement is from the vitality of late spring gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment