Tuesday, February 16, 2010

waiting, long drive, new puppy

February 16, 2010
School was cancelled due to "impending inclement weather", which as of 9:51 am we have seen no sign of, only clouds.I hope we get some snow.I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if crocuses were sprouting in the front garden(#7)The back yard looks like late March, the knoll in the woods is bare, but we have nearly two months until spring...

Feb 15, 2009 was the day we drove to Maine to see the blue merle Great Dane puppies.
I created a "map" with Crayola brushes.

I took a photo of the one we chose. He was two weeks old.
Even though that face was already installed in my heart, I had reservations -still not over Monty's loss, the breeder seemed less than social...

Monday; February 16,2009
On Monday, at school we shared what we did over the weekend, I broke down when I
told Carol
that we selected a new puppy and that Monty had died.
I hadn't talked about his death at school.
The erratic lines drawn with a Flair felt tip depict the emotional ups and downs of dealing with loss, yet continuing with life's forward motion....

No comments:

Post a Comment