Thursday, February 18, 2010

velvety snow cover, bright sun

February 18,2010
The sun is very bright, brilliantly reflecting off the snow which is melting.
I made a quick trip to my favorite paper store, "All About Paper" in No. Hampton NH. She has great papers and incredible art work. She always has some new art supplies - I got a pad of "Canvaskin" - a canvas type paper for any wet medium. I also got two new markers by Faber Castell. They're sepia colored. Of course, I got some new papers. One I've used before and she had one more piece. It's a plaid with a gold strip and an aqua color. It's from India.

Feb 17, 2010 I took my first grade art class outside for some 3-d work - we made snow people. Wish I could post photos, just imagine white everywhere except for colorful snowsuits and smiling children pushing giant snow balls leaving strange, white tracks in the new snow.

Feb 17,2009
Clear two toned blue sky at sunrise as part of my favorite studio view.
This view has been inspiration and comfort for as many years as this has been my studio space - since 1998.I first posted the same view on this blog on January 11 with a journal and a small piece of fabric art.
Stark, black maple tree
stands against a sky of two
distinct shades of blue.

The sky is from a Crayola paintbrush with black. The tree is done with a black sharpie.

Feb 18, 2009,was one of those days that no image or word jumped out to be recorded. I used a stamp that I've had forever. It's a nice texture and provided some lines to write on with a calligraphy pen.
Why do I make art every day, indeed at all? One reason is to make the ordinary events memorable. After all most of life is the ordinary events for most of us.

Tomorrow is Feb 19,2010 last day of school before February vacation.
Feb 19, 2009
I used an art postcard from the exhibit at the Brush Gallery in Lowell to be a frame around a comment on the pre-vacation fatigue at school. There was no relationship between the 19th in 2009 and this postcard, but I came across it in my collection and it struck my fancy, so I used it.
The shapes and natural colors seem seasonally appropriate as I look at it today. I'm going outside soon for another snowshoe trip through the woods on the lovely, new snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment