Saturday, February 6, 2010

mistake ... missing snow

February 6, cold and cloudy with no hope of the snow in the mideast hitting the northeast...



I had some fun with the stress that was going through the school last year with report cards coming out late because we'd missed so much time in December, and the on-line report card system being down, and kids stuck inside because it was sooo cold.

Visually, this worked well with a piece of commercial mult-colored paper at the top and a piece of a postcard from "Fittings" in the lower left. The blue Crayola paint brush filled the middle for the blue skies. The verse was written twice once in red and then in black on parchment:
Sunshine calls us out.
Extreme cold keeps us inside.
Deadlines bring stresses.




I guess I was feeling the stress too.
Then came February 6, 2009... and I missed a day's entry totally. I did notice it on the 14th and did a "filler" page. There were times as he year progressed that I did several entries on one day, but somehow, I missed the 6th. So the text marked the over sight and the visual was a maze drawn freehand with a Flair.

PS You may notice a fragment of an entry for Feb 6 2010, which I posted by mistake, now I'm going to see if I can delete it, maybe someone can help me... thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment