Monday, February 22, 2010

holiday remnants, rituals

Roger, Deezel and I went to the beach for some good running - the dog, not us. Our field and backyard are wet, muddy, snowy, and icey in different combinations, so it's hard to get the dog running. He's pretty good at the beach, loves other dogs, but stays with us without a leash. I have a wonderful photo of him at the beach in the fall which I'll post with the Haiku for that date.
It's 54 degrees in the sun, but the clouds are coming. No new work to share from my journal.

February 22, 2009 - storm arrived about 8:00p.m

Grapevine wreaths and lights
are gone to start new season.
Short days get longer.

This entry shows the studio windows with the wreaths.I hang them around Thanksgiving with little lights on a timer to counter the short days. Once Valentine's Day has passed, I take them down, since it's still light at 6:00 and getting light at 6:00a.m.
I used the Crayola paint brushes for the colors and a white gel pen for the snow. The wreaths have tiny gold spots to represent the lights.

I hope to go to Lowell, Ma tomorrow to the New England Quilt Museum to see the Masters show.

No comments:

Post a Comment