Saturday, February 20, 2010

sight and sound,skunk trails

Skunks wander leaving
trails in the soft, new snow - troughs
with clear footprints.

February 20,2009
I made this entry with tracing paper over the card with white ink stamped lightly over it, silver around the edges and to represent the trail, another piece of tracing paper. The verse is written on parchment with Sharpie pens.

February 20,2010
Work today will explore those numbers(2x10=20) in my art journal.
I have been doing some fun art work in it.
I did two sets of pages for the vertigo,
Valentine's Day and new car intersection...

The first set has text on the left about vertigo,auditory and visual input. The left has a window with a valentine, surrounded by photos of ears, cochlea, semi-circular canals and Nissan Altimas with floating irregular colored areas .
The second spread has the valentine attached over purple cheesecloth on the right and the left is stamped with a lines done both horizontally and vertically in purple and a single heart in the upper left.
I'm working on "Harry Potter" entry. We went to see it in Boston at the Museum of Science on Valentine's Day. It has portions of tickets and brochures adhered to a sturdy piece of old water color paper.

todays' notes
The snow from Tuesday's storm has largely melted, late February sun is intense.When I was out on Thursday, I saw the same trails as I saw last year. The dog, which I didn't have last year, sniffs these trails like a vacuum cleaner.
I'm looking forward to a week off from school, even though I only work two and a half days a week.
Here's to some concentrated art making times...

No comments:

Post a Comment