Monday, February 1, 2010

new month... new plans...

Two of my own stamps appear for the first time on the art work for February. There's a heart stamp that I carved from an old eraser for Valentine's Day 2008. Also, I carved my initials into an old art gum eraser ( the 1" cube type). I drew them on tracing paper with a soft pencil, turned it upside down on the eraser, rubbed it to transfer the letters, and cut around the letters with an exacto knife. I liked it so much, I made one for my sister also.
I made February 1st by gluing red rice paper to the card. Then I cut a cream colored heart to glue on - never can get them symmetrical without folding. The verse relates to the shortness of the month ahead and the lengthening of the days.

Twenty-eight days hath
February. The minutes
make the hours increase.

It doesn't make sense, time wise, but I like the notion of hours increasing. In reality, the hours between sunrise and sunset are increasing, noticeably now.
Our backyard looks like March; we need a nice, serious snowstorm - six or eight inches of snow would be lovely..




I did art work on mat board for the covers and dividers of 365 Daily Haiku 2009 yesterday and bound the book with cord instead of the rings I had used. This picture is on my work table. I think the book looks great. I was so anxious to bind it, I didn't photo the art work.
This is not how I had planned to bind the book. But I decided that I had to leave the pages in the sleeves, not glued together. I want it to sit in a circle when on display.

February 2010 started with a clear cold day. It's Deezel's first birthday, so here's the picture I took of him at 2 weeks. Roger saw an ad for blue merles, we called and visited two weeks later.But today's his birthday. We will have ice cream tonight with "Auntie" Ila (our dear friend).Deezel and I walked back from the garage this morning. We went through town,by the river then into the woods where he could run free. And he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment