Tuesday, February 23, 2010

familiar travels

I drove to Lowell, MA today to see the exhibit at the New England Quilt Museum, Masters: 40 Contemporary Art Quilters. Check out the website www.nequiltmuseum.org to see a list of exhibits. This one ends on Thursday. I enjoyed working there as Program Manager for several years, before I went back to teaching. Memories come flooding back as I drive the route down 495 and into Lowell through Tewksbury. I met many wonderful people and saw quilts of all types.
The scenery is brown with bare trees and old leaves covering the ground. Mud and ice alternate on the walk through the yard into the woods.
The skunk has been active.
I'm working on another spread in my art journal. Part of it will relate to the Quilt Museum.

February 23, 2009
Yesterday's snow stuck to the sides of trees making them all look like birch trees.
The soft image for Daily Haiku was made with rice paper.The text, date and day are part of this image. I wrote with a Flair, it bled a little, but that adds to the feel of the snow on the birches.


Birches gracefully
bend with the weight of the snow.
Imposters stay straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment