Thursday, May 20, 2010

surprises

This morning,Deezel mistakenly ran into my friends' pond. I guess he didn't understand the shoreline concept. He went totally under, popped up and had a dog surprised look. He swam out and started running around in his crazed puppy way.I didn't have my camera, sadly.
Yesterday, I led a discussion about the oil spill with a 4th grade class. I was surprised to hear how few knew anything about it. But they did some postcard art; they naturally identified with the destruction and death of the animals. We'll send them to President Obama to express our concerns.I'll photograph them tomorrow and post later.
This is a quick study I did . I made the oil spil with $ in black to attest to oil companies' greed and the tremendous cost of this accident.
I have a couple ideas to share with the subsequent lessons.







This is the previous entry in Art Journal:

I wrote a short Haibun on green tissue. The upper left corner is a portion of a photo for May 12 and the leaf stencil I used on that entry. The leaf in the lower right is based on a motif from one of my favorite stamps. I enlarged it and made a stencil of cardstock. This one is of a piece of scrapbooking paper.

DAILY HAIKU 2009 May 20

This is test night at puppy school. How will we do?
May 19
I created two print blocks of foam and showed the 1st graders how to do a two color print. This entry attests to the pleausres of teaching art and how it can feed my creativity.

I did some basic pencil drawings directly on the card.







This is a watercolor in my Art Journal .

No comments:

Post a Comment