Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April and May connections


Another chilly start to the day. I didn't bring in the pots of pansies, but I thought about it because a frost warning was issued. That's unusual for May.

Yesterday,I finished a spread in my Art Journal.
This photo shows the spread with all of April's Haiku written in free verse, printed in spring green on vellum. The borders are of the photo with all of April's entries. On the far right you can see part of the next page because I trimmed the vellum to just beyond the printing.
The second photo shows this page and the back of that page on the left.I printed out the entry from the blog, tore off the extra part of the page, and framed it with scraps of the same papers on the entry, and a piece that remained from the paper where I glued the Haiku/free verse for April. On the left,the back of the verse page,I glued the shapes I cut from a photo of a quilt where I quilted the ferns.
The grass stamp and stencil are the "barcode" stamp & stencil. Some of the spirals are stamped and some I drew. On the right,the extra paper is folded over to secure the three pages that are glued together.It shows on the next spread.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
May 11 consists of several scraps used before -the birdy paper, brown paper and the tissue with dog paws covered with a scrap of tracing paper and the writing. I free wrote in pencil over the card before I attached the scraps to enrich the creamy background.
creativity
blocked by effects of the season
can't think of new lines
.

No comments:

Post a Comment