Saturday, May 8, 2010

many missing days

I'm not sure why I am so far behind in blogs for this week. Tuesday, my morning home went too quickly. Thursday I went to EKES to meet Peter H. Reynolds, author and illustrator. His book The Dot was the inspiration for our school-wide project. Everyone in the school made "dots". (I posted photos on an earlier post, and will include one here.)
I attached them by class to large(4') foamcore dots and all 12 are on display in the halls. He loved them and we loved him. Everyone should own a copy of this book. Check out his website at www.FableVisionLearning.com and his business in Dedham, Mass. "The Blue Bunny".

I had a fabulous "Art Afternoon" with one 3rd grade class on Wednesday. I showed them a form of monoprinting. We used foam to make our designs on. I had 10 kids for nearly an hour then we switched and I had the other 10. It was the way every art class should be. Due to a scheduling demand,sadly it's not going to work out that effectively for the other 3rd grade class.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
May 8th I used small strips from a postcard for its color and texture as a frame to reduce the space. It's from the Hood Gallery at Dartmouth College. The simple image has the stamped sun and the grass stenciled.

May 7, 2009
An irregular scrap of grey-green paper with a piece of tracing paper over it for the text and spirals for the raindrops make this a satisfactory entry. The verse lists rain words and has the middle line in common with the 6th.
May 6, 2009
Day long steady rain
rain puddles, rain rivulets
grey, somber, sleepy.

I used a stamp for the 6 and 9 over a stencil for the same numbers. A Flair marker makes solid black lines and crosshatching.The text is on tracing paper so I could use lines under it to get straight writing.






May 5, 2009
I wrote the text using a calligraphy point on grey-green scrapbooking paper and glued them over a background textured with pale pink and green. I used a stamp with flowers on it and only inked portions. The pink flowers in each corner are from a stencil I bought.

May 4, 2009
The return to school after spring break is noted by the text and I missed my coffee date with Paula. The turquoise is from a renewal card in "Cloth, Paper, Scissors". With white and a lighter shade of turquiose it has a springlike texture. I used a fineline gel pen to make the curved lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment