Sunday, May 2, 2010

summer in May

It's projected to be in the eighties today and I'm sure it will be. Our pool is full, but cool. I walked the dog this morning and did some more "spring" cleaning. Still percolating the next spread in Art Journal. Looked through all of May 2009 entries as I cropped them. I noticed a couple dated the same and I didn't photograph the whole month.
I've been hand sewing on some glasses pouches - one for me and one for Ila for her birthday. It's nice to sit on the back deck, enjoy a cold drink and accomplish something !
I finally repotted my pansies. I've not seen the red bugs in any quantity since I poisoned them. The lilies are looking promising. The leaves have sprouted quickly Got a supply of oranges for the orioles - although I haven't seen or heard them, yet.

DAILY HAIKU May 2, 2009
The rainbow is on one of the stencils I got at the Currier yesterday. I inked each line separately. The bird stamp is orange for the orioles. The spring paper is a commercial paper. I highlighted a couple vines with a gel pen and did a delicate trim around the papers.
The text is on the paper with the dots.It's a list of the day's events.

May 1, 2009
My sister, Anne, & I went to Manchester to the Currier to see David Macaulay's art work.I had some fun with this architectural drawing. I used a stencil and shaded with a pencil and a sharpie ultra pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment