Monday, May 10, 2010

spring notes

It's very cool for May this morning. Looks like a long walk followed by some gardening. One of the front gardens still needs bark mulch. The rhododendrons don't have many buds. Last year they were full of blossoms. I didn't see any signs of the hibiscus bush in that garden yesterday. I replaced one of the oranges for the orioles, but I haven't seen them yet. The cool weather and the systemic poison seem to have done the trick in killing the red bugs.
Yesterday I glued some elements into my Art Journal and will finish the spread later today. Since it's about the change from April to May, I'd better get it done before May ends. Paula, Dawn, & I meet this Sunday for our "art share"...
Deezel's waiting for his walk with his head in my way... I'd better get done.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
My notes for today include the observation that I sat down with no idea for either text or image...sometimes those are my "best"days...
We took Deezel (3 1/2 months) to our neighbor's house for a short visit. Her daughter's family, sister and mother were there for Mother's Day. They are all dog lovers - our past dog, Monty, was a favorite with even her 94 year old mother.

This entry combines the colors of spring in the papers, the paws on the tissue for the dog, two bird images (one a stamp, one on the paper) and a simple green line for a frame. Each paper piece is roughly a rectangle. They meet in the center. The text is on tracing paper. This became a regular thing because none of the writing tools bleed on its surface.
intersections
people, places, time, events
lovely day in May


P.S. Even though I haven't been doing any new work, reconnecting with work and describing it on this blog keep me in touch with the powerful drive to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment