Monday, November 1, 2010

November has a chilly start

Backyard, October 31 as the sun gets low
October came to a stunning and windy close.
November's first day is equally stunning - I feel compelled to photograph the oaks as the sun illuminates them.

I did more winter preparations this morning - the last of the clay pots to pull out the spent plants and put away. I was surprised at the number of blossoms there were despite the cold we've had.
One pot that I decided to over winter has a fuschia blossom in it.I brought in garden ornaments also - my beautiful glass gazing ball and the clay fox that sits in the front garden. I made two trips to the leaf pile with the garden cart then took Deezel on a quick walk through the woods.

I photo'd November's entries today. There are several with  floating lettering. Others from scraps of paper are spontaneous. A few have stitching and fabrics.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
 The  clear, calendar sticker is over  precut oak leaves I bought at All About Paper in Hampton.
November 1 is a busy entry with stamps for birds, sun, and a walk with Deezel. The bird of cut paper is from a commercial piece of scrapbooking paper. It was amazing to see, and hear the cedar waxwings so late. They must have been getting ready to go south for the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment