Wednesday, November 24, 2010

more busy days fly by & fuzzy photos

It's interesting and reassuring as I revisit my 2009 work that a year ago, I was behind on entries because I'd been busy and Sean had my computer -  the same as November 2010. Life's patterns and art patterns are  themes of a journal I started in 2009, and am still working on.

DAILY HAIKU 2009

November 24 Why am I incapable of getting clear photos? I took this three times.
This is one of my favorite entries. I cut windows in the natural colored card. They were placed to frame elements on scrapbooking paper. I'd cut the latter the size of the cards I'd used to have a tiny border of the mustardy colors around the smaller card. I used a "LePlume" pen/brush to highlight the central motif. The text is written on scraps of the colored paper and glued in the frame over the text I'd written with a Flair pen
The text  documents sharing of Pierre Bonnard's work with the third graders.


November 23 was the day I finally caught up on DAILY work and did several entries. I cut this one from an insert in Derwent coloured pencils I'd just purchased. It's the French section. The colorful shapes came from that also.






November 22
often times straight lines
lead to fabulous events
sometimes they restrict
I wrote on the card in two directions. used  the pattern from a return card for a subscription on the sides, stamped with a new lines stamp on a piece of vellum, and attached the text I'd written  with a calligraphy pen on a piece of white paper. The piece of vellum has an irregular shape; some edges are torn and others are cut straight.

November 21
I used a small piece of Japanese paper from "All About Paper" mounted on white and red for the image on this entry. Before I glued it in place, I decorated the border with red and gold ink pads. I wrote the text to float using a uniball VISION pen.
November 20
Dawn gave me a copy of a print she'd made of some of my quilts. It's a custom piece I did for Mimi several years ago using some silks she bought in Seattle.




Former art builds small
Structures for new ideas,
New inspiration.






November 19 Another blurry photo of a simply drawn entry. The floating text occupies the center of the page. One year I kept a beach journal and did  these kinds of line drawings for each visit to the beach. On this day, I had Deezel with me.
High tide deposits
 piles of seaweed, intriguing
 odors and sea glass

November 18
I wish I could get a clear photo of this entry. I've taken several.

November 17
This is another in the "red" series. I cut the shapes from the white card that has red lightly stamped over it. I glued it over a piece of red scrapbooking paper.  the text is written in the floating forn largely within the red shapes.
Untried colors bring
novel ideas from untapped
vein of thought
The syllables are not correct, but I just couldn't find the word/words that would work. "Sleeping vein of thought" is the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment