Monday, November 8, 2010

floating fonts and birdnests

The sun illuminates the leaf covered ground, wet from the overnight rain. I may get a walk in soon.
I've been re-photographing November's pages. I got a glare from the surface they were on when I first photo'd them. They look better with the felt background.
Yesterday I found this lovely birdnest beside the road. I thought the leaves were stuck to the sides, because it was on the ground. The branch they are on is woven into this work of art. It's about 5" across and top to bottom. It has white and blue plastic strings also.
Birds nests are one of those icons I have long admired and studied. I have four in a box at school to let kids draw. Several years ago I made a small wallhanging with a birdnest in it. I never liked how the birdnest looks, but have accepted my poor skills compared to those of the birds for this endeavor.
The nest is balanced at the end of the branches.


DAILY HAIKU 2009
November 8
We went to a party for my brother, Richard, on his 65th. I used the "party" stamp on the card with soft colors. The text is from a birthday present I made for my sister, Anne, on her 70th. That project had alternative ways to think of our numbers for ages: 70 is only 35 time 2 !!!


Saturday, November 7, 2009
I stamped the edges of the card with ink, and glued a piece of parchment over some scraps. The verse is written in a floating font with marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment