Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

A pleasant day is forecast. It looks like no wind, finally.
fall 2008 used as a writing prompt with 4th grade
detail of a giant oak leaf -2009
The oak leaves are perennially a favorite. They are nearly the last ones to show their autumn colors. They vary from gold to burgundy to mahogany. Even on the ground they are lovely and create a textured surface.I printed the top photo for a writnig prompt when I worked as a para.   I have November 2009 photos of a giant speciman, that I salvaged from the roadside. .I used the  photo below yesterday an for ART JOURNAL 2 :July- Dec.entry for November 1-2.

DAILY HAIKU 2009
I did a double take at the spelling of "squawking". The only way to fix it is to re-write the final line on a piece of paper. This entry began with the rectangular shapes highlighted with fall colors. I stamped the flip flops amd drew a sun and spirals for Deezel. I didn't like it.
Keep working on it....
I adhered strips of tracing paper and still wasn't happy. The scrapbooking paper with the fun birds - I used one on Nov. 1-was handy. I tore three strips, wrote the text and glued them over everything I'd done. I guess the spelling error came because I was concentrating on getting the visual "right".
It looks"right" because it does express the layers, colors, variety , and complexity of November in New England.


No comments:

Post a Comment