Friday, November 26, 2010

typical November weather

Yesterday was a fun family get together at my sister's in Strafford. Elizabeth came from PA. Most nephews were there and all nieces. Tristan gave a little concert - singing and guitar http://www.tristanomand.com/.

Sadly, Roger stayed home because of his ill feelings toward my brother-in-law. What started out as some mischievous teasing has led to Roger feeling disrespected and humiliated. At the risk of sounding like my mother (whose lessons seem smarter as I get older), it's not how the message was intended, it's how it was received that counts. So, for the first time in 32 years we didn't have Thanksgiving together. I left him home. I was very, very sad.
I worked Wednesday and Thursday mornings on the fabric piece that  I'll photocopy for holiday cards. It's based on a simple piece I did in my ART JOURNAL. Amazingly, I've tried each step on a sample before doing it on the final product. I've never been a mockup kind of creator but for decorative stitching and placement, it helps avoid multiple starts.
I've got a couple of more things to accomplish - some zig zag along the edges and a greeting. My  Janome does nice writing, nice everything as a matter of fact and saves my thumb joints.

DAILY HAIKU  2009
November 26  The inside of an envelope forms the central portion of this entry with small areas of color  added. I lightly stamped the card first with the stamp I've used before for family togethers. The floating text spreads into the border somewhat.

wet day keeps people
warming by the blazing fire
celebrate, feast, laugh 







November 25
This is another card that seems to be blurry in every photo. I created a frame from a favored black and beige with gold highlights paper and mounted it on a piece of mat board to protect the seed pods from a grass in my garden. Under the fram, I covered the grass and card with a piece of printed vellum and removed the area over the seed pods.
                                                                                                                           Dreary, foggy day
                                                                                                                    drizzly seed pods and grasses
                                                                                                                       make late fall bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment