Sunday, February 6, 2011

February catch-up


spruce with solar lights


bird bath in garden 1
 I've missed several days of posting, but the theme was becoming repetitive - snow photos in the woods. We had storms on the first and second of February.
Last night it was an all rain event for us on the coast. Roger and I spent yesterday getting the plywood  on the improvements under the porch wrapped (which meant cleaning out the snow banks first), making a path around our neighbor's house to access her roof, and raking the snow from our porch and her house , and a trip through the woods with Deezel.

And for all the work that winter can bring, I still am loving this wonderful snow.I love the world's appearance; its sharp contrast to all the other seasons. And time's rapid passing appears to slow down.

I have been doing more than daily snowshoeing expeditions.Thursday, Mimi and I met for lunch at Ceres Street Bakery. Friday evening I attended an opening at the Robert Lincoln Levy Gallery in Portsmouth with Ila, Anne and Bruce. We saw Wen Redmond's work in a collaborative exhibit with sculptor Deborah O'Leary.

Check out  Wen's work at http://wenredmond.weebly.com/  She has a piece at the New England Quilt Museum's current exhibit "No Holes Barred". http://www.nequiltmuseum.org/


The snow influenced several pages in my 2011 Art Journal. This page  has a copy of "The Snow Storm" by Ralph Waldo Emerson with a paper snowflake.
I'll link more photos in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment