Sunday, February 20, 2011

wood spirits,cold spells, animal sightings

The cold has turned the snow I had enjoyed into cement, slippery cement. Deezel walks very timidly on the well-packed, icey trails and avoids the areas between the trails. No more woods excursions fro a while.

We took a walk down New Road yesterday, despite the cold and wind. I spotted deer and turkey tracks along the bit of dirt on exposed shoulder. And, for the second time in a week, saw a fisher cat skulking over the snow. He/She must be very hungry to be wandering into peopled areas and in mid-morning.  They are predators as well as scavengers.Its fur was very dark brown and I could understand why they were attractive catches.
 The weather looks like you could be outside enjoying the sunshine, but it's too cold. At least I get a lot of reading done. I finished People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks last night.  I couldn't put it down and yet hated to see it come to an end. I definitely will read March , her Pulitzer Prize winner.
I bought a "Doodle -a- Day" calendar at the Currier. I saved the gone by days, did a couple I like. Yesterday's and today's stumped me earlier today - maybe later.
Clearing out old papers in storage upstairs and organizing paperwork for taxes certainly do not inspire me, but not that it's done, I can concentrate on creating something. I'm hooked on "Zentangles"...                     
                                                     What do you see in this photo?
This is a photo I took a few weeks ago. I call it "The Wood Spirit". I printed it twice- one for the Art Journal and one to cut out the tree to use in some art work alone. I'm sure it'll bring forth some poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment