Thursday, January 27, 2011

I had to open more space for Deezel this morning. He's using my snowshoe trail more and more as the snow gets deeper and deeper.
We went through the woods. I actually spotted a few special images to photograph later when we make a second loop. There's the rock where the snow has been sculpted out to the bare ground and rises slightly for a lip. Also, an oak leaf has been wrapped around a branch and is stuck there with a little snow stuck to it. The birch tree with the woodpecker holes was adorned with some snow this morning; it may be gone by afternoon. A beech bush still has its apricot colored leaves attached. They were folded in half this morning, no longer looking like leaves.

birch tree a few days ago
 Small clumps of snow stuck to my poles. Each fell from the poles and rolled down the snowy slopes as I moved the pole from in back of me to in front of me. Each left a delicate, barely perceptible trail in the feathery, white surface. Each grew a bit I'm sure, but immeasurably with only a quick look. I knew they would fall apart if I tried to hold one of these magically made snowballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment