Monday, February 7, 2011

snowshoeing challenges, raccoons, birds

It's clouding up again. Earlier today the thermometer in the sun read 55 degrees.
Deezel and I took a walk through the woods. The snow is becoming the snowball/snowman type for a change, and it's very challenging to break new trails; I have to pick my shoe up to clear the surface since the snow is too dense to allow the shoe to slide along. The packed trails are sticky also.

I looked again at the raccoon tracks through the field and into the woods. It must be enjoying the January-type thaw, as am I.
The river view looked lovely. This photo was taken earlier this winter. Ignore the treatment plant in the lower right and it's a dramatic view.

The chickadees and nuthatches have found the food, but I haven't seen the bluebirds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment