Sunday, January 23, 2011

January's beauty

It's a beautiful winter day - the snow is about 12" deep so the ground's surface is stunningly smooth. The sun shine reflects off the whiteness and leaves blue grey shadows.
Yesterday morning the nearly full moon set after I had a chance to admire it through the black delicate branches in front of the pale blue grey sky.  A pale pink tint warmed the  horizon. I did a small colored pencil drawing of the scene.

Deezel and I got out late for snowshoeing through the woods. It was cold, silent and refreshing. The river is frozen, but there are no fishing shacks. Deezel gets nervous when he hears the ice crack along the shore; it is' a disconcerting sound. We are far from the shore, not near the shifting, tidal ice.
The sunset was stunning -vividly pink along the western horizon and different shades of pink on the  each of the clouds.
I'll get some photos today and post them tomorrow.
My valentines are looking good. I cut a new stamp this morning for a musical note to add a tiny detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment