Sunday, March 6, 2011

Winsor-Newton Master class, Zeek & Deezel

I was in a Master Class at the Currier Museum of Art yesterday, "Watercolor Collage". We used Winsor-Newton watercolors, brushes, and paper. All are fabulous to work with. We got to experiment with using mediums with watercolors. The blender medium was  a pleasure. It made the watercolors richer and wetter without more water. Also,  we used resist,and  permanent resist.
landscape
We made some papers, then cut or tore them up to arrange in collages. Mine was okay. The instructor complimented me, then I worked too long on it and lost the spontaneity I'd been enjoying. Nothing had been glued; I dumped all the shapes off the substrate/background and started over. Finally I glued them in place.
I worked at the same table as my sister, Anne, and her 3 art friends. They did fabulous work.
journal page
I tore one paper into journal page sized pieces and will use one today to write about  the experience. It's actually quite nice in the photo. I'll strengthen some lines and perhaps place the text among the shapes.

CUTE PET PHOTOS
I got some photos of Deezel and Zeek. She loves his bed. He shares, with reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment