Monday, September 26, 2011

mixed media month

September is flying by.... it's the 26th - feeling like August, and us without a pool - gardens are not at their best, my containers do look good. All the begonias and impatients have found a spot in the windows of my studio; I brought them in to avoid the cold weather we had for about two seconds. We've had the hazy. hot and humid weather for several days.
Anne, Ila and I went to see "William Daley Selected Works" at the Lamont gallery on the campus of Phillips Exeter academy. We went to hear the gallery talk on Sept 17. It was fabulous. He's 87 and lectured for over an hour to a large, mixed audience. Lectured isn't close to what he did. We laughed and were awed by his energy, focus and fabulous slides of his work and the work that has inspired him. He'd been at classes during the week. check it out at  http://www.williamdaley.net/


I've done some work over the month. Several pages in my art journal revolved around the 11th.  These show the mixed emotions around the sadness and the hope for resolution around the memorial.

The final spread is from earlier in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment