Tuesday, August 23, 2011

summer's end

It's hard to believe, but today marks the end of summer vacation. Tomorrow, Wednesday, we have a teachers' workshop, Thursday a staff meeting and Friday is a time to work in classrooms.


iris from June
I'm photographing all my container gardens today. They look fabulous. Regular watering and fertilizing helps. My art work has consisted of tangling, making a new glasses pouch and machine stitching new pillow covers.
bird from orioles' arrival
brain
The "brain" was what I worked on when in PA in July when my sister, Elizabeth, had brain surgery. The tumor was the size of an orange. She's at skilled nursing facility until Friday when she's scheduled to go home. I can tell each time I talk to her that she's regained much of her  language skills. She's still not great stamina wise, but considering she's been hospitalized since the beginning of July, that will take a while to get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment